Monday, July 28, 2014

Music Discovery: Xandria



Xandria, Symphonic Metal from Germany

     Ironically, this is my first post for a band that sings predominantly in English! Anyway, enter Xandria, a symphonic metal band with smooth, elegant, and powerful opera leading vocals. This woman has one of the most beautiful voices that I've heard. I found the band thanks to Napalm Records and their "Female Fronted Metal" playlist. The second video on that playlist is for Xandria's song Nightfall. I fell in love with them immediately. If you liked the music of old school Nightwish, I can almost guarantee you'll appreciate these folks. I mean, they even do the deep voice over like from Kingslayer in this album (check out the song Betrayer for that.)


Bonus points if you noticed anything in that video that wasn't her. I certainly didn't.

     Now, I have picked up on a factoid that this band has replaced singers several times, so I speak only for this album in particular... regardless. I'm in love. This entire album has proven as kick ass as that song. They aren't afraid to go 'epic,' either. Their introductory track on this album is over ten minutes long and it is easily worth every second. Also, since the videos I will be sharing here are from their record label, they are totally legal and legit, so sadly, I do not get to make a joke about those jerks that upload stuff for free.


     Wait what? Official lyrics videos? That's GENIUS!

     I also highly recommend their track 'the Undiscovered Land.' It is of a slower 'epic ballad' nature and dang, it's so beautiful. Anyway, an important thing to note is that recently, my blog got shut down by google's 'spam bots.' I'm really not sure what part of my blog triggered the bot, but I have a sinking suspicion that it was the link list at the bottom of the page. I'm not sure what would be the best course of action... trying again or omitting  the links. Screw it, I'm putting a few links anyway. There happens to be an 'adult toy' company by the name of Xandria and I would hate if you were looking for the band because I didn't post the links and you accidentally encountered that.

So! About those links:
Their website: Here
Amazon Link: Here

P.S.: Expect more bands from that Female Fronted Metal playlist to be showing up shortly. I loved several bands on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment